Interstate 59 is the primary route north and south from New Orleans, LA to Chattanooga, TN and has 42 miles of frontage through Pearl River County. It serves as Pearl River County’s primary link to Interstate 12, Interstate 10 and Highway 49.
Interstate 12 is an east/west interstate entirely in Louisiana spanning from Baton Rouge to Slidell, LA. It is approximately 10 miles south of Pearl River County and bi-sects with Interstate 10 and Interstate 59.
Interstate 10 is the southern-most cross country highway stretching from Florida to California. The interstate is an east/west route approximately 10 miles south of Pearl River County and intersects with I-59 spanning from Mobile, AL to New Orleans, LA.
Pearl River County is served by Norfolk Southern Railroad system which serves as the largest consolidated rail system in the US with rail that runs parallel with Highway 11 and Interstate 59.
Stennis Space Center
Pearl River County is the highest elevation along Greater New Orleans MSA and Gulfport Biloxi MSA and closest proximity to the North Gate of Stennis Space Center and its buffer zone. Approximately 30% of the existing workforce at SSC commutes from Pearl River County serving the aerospace, defense and R&D sectors.
- Water/Sewer-Service Areas by City of Picayune, City of Poplarville and Pearl River
- County Utility Authority and several rural water districts
- Natural Gas-City of Picayune, Center Point Energy, Florida Gas
- Fiber-AT&T, Uniti, CSpire, Coast Electric Power Association
- Electricity- Serviced by Mississippi Power, Coast Electric Power Association and Pearl River Valley Association